Virtual Reality is typically something experienced essentially blindfolded, standing up and moving around. This method of practice can induce cognitive dissonance in the user along with feelings of self-consciousness & vulnerability. Every time a VRE is set up in a space, the equipment requires sensitive placement and detailed calibration anew.
Thinking inside the box
What if we could create a VR Experience that could be set up once and moved wholesale from place to place, which provides a safe and comfortable seated arrangement offering a greater sense of security, allowing the user to relax, immerse and engage better?
So that’s what we did.
The NOOK VR Experience
We took a NOOK pod and pre-fitted it with all the required equipment to run a comprehensive VR demo experience. Sitting down.
We installed this integrated solution in to a break-out space at the VR World Summit in Bristol in April 2017, running a number of relevant VR experiences on the system such as a Cinema scene, Driving Experience and Flight Controller.
Here’s what we learned…
NOOK VR for EVENTS:
- Saves time and cost on installation & dismantling when used across multiple events
- Allows more focus and attention to be put on ensuring the system is bullet-proof pre-event
- Offers a new and inviting way to experience VR
- Reduces self-consciousness in users, allowing for more enjoyable engaged experiences
- Causes better connections to be forged between visitor and demonstrator
- Keeps visitors in situ longer after the demonstration, when the lead is developed to the critical next stage
- Provides multiple valuable